LinkedIn to start writing in english or translating my articles so more people could be able to read them.
I am going to experiment today and see how the crossover works (if it works, obviously). This post is about a sales and marketing discussion I am participating on, I was invited by my friend Paul Armor, and it is related to the major problems I believe can be found in a sales and marketing environment, regardless of the industry you are working on.
I have been in the sales and marketing arena for over 10 years now, and I think there are 10 main Issues that will come up constantly in this field:
1) There is always a big difficulty to find the perfect Sales Force Profile. Sales is not seen as a profesion but most of the time is seen as a last resource solution for living (Totally wrong, sales is the most balanced profession there is, with a huge connection between science and art applied to a job)
2) Not everyone has Passion and attitude for the products and the company they represent.
3) Not all the companies always understand that ALL OF US are in sales, regardless of our title or job description.
4) Sales and Marketing don't communicate well all the time and this is disastreous for any company.
5) Copying the competition strategies will always come back and bite you in the ass. Innovation and risk taking is vital to survive
6) Customer driven markets require customer oriented salesforces
7) Fear of closing the deal. Lack of training obstructs sales people for becoming an aggressive customer consultant.
8) Not a lot of value is created in the sales approach, that is the reason every business ends up with hard and painful discussions regarding price or rate. building value from the beggining and doing it continously will avoid this very feared step.
9) The first sale is relatively easy. The second sale is the real one. Lack of after sales customer care and protection results in no more repetitive business.
10) Nobody sells anything. The ones who close the deal are sales people that have evolved into "super specialized customers", helping other customers to buy better.
Thanks for inviting me to the discussion, hope you find this ideas useful.